Avengers MCU || NC-17 || Steve/Tony (Tony/Pepper breakup D:) || ~48,000 words
New York City is still rebuilding in the wake of the Chitauri army when the biotech virus Extremis is released, upgrading a lone domestic terrorist into a posthuman threat. Tony would’ve been happy to keep going on playing with alien tech in his lab, saving average citizens as Iron Man, and pretending not to notice these other people moving into his tower, but sometimes a person just can’t have nice things.
- For the Cap/IM Big Bang 2012
- Dedicated totir_synni, whose notebook I accidentally destroyed with yakisoba and so repaid with actually finishing this (plus a new notebook).
- Warnings: referenced past child abuse; some disturbing and violent imagery; a very small amount of subtextual internalized homophobia; a few mentions of anti-Semitism, racism, and political extremism.
- Spoilers for Marvel’s oneshot Item 47.
- Movie-verse with the substantial use and abuse of 616 canon. Questionable use of science, programming, a couple non-English phrases, and too many references to pop culture and science fiction. See this post for more rambling on disclaimers (because fandom is not an island), canon used, translations, and yet more rambling.
- Some characters get little to no face-time because I ran out of time and, since this is technically for the Cap and Iron Man community, I wanted to stay focused. I’m working on companion bits for Rhodey, Natasha, and Pepper in particular.
- Waferkya's art and angelicfoodcake's art - these are talented people. :D Go appreciate their hard work and skill.
- Have a music download.
( Read more... )